I often receive emails with questions regarding the blog, but sometimes I get silly, and personal questions too. I thought it would be fun to share a few random facts about me with you!
1. I wanted to be an actress when I was little, and would always watch old movies with my dad. – Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, and Ava Gardner were some of my favorite actresses, and I even joined theatre class in high school! I was in several plays in high school, and even made a small appearance in a play at the Amarillo Little Theatre in my hometown.
2. I’ve lived in Texas most of my life, but was born in Pasadena, California. My dad grew up in L.A. and we lived there until I was 4 years old. I’ll always be a Lakers and Dodgers fan (sorry Texas!), and have a soft spot in my heart for palm trees, sandy toes, sunshine, and the beach.
3. I can’t eat apples unless they are cooked. – You know the whole ‘nails on a chalkboard’ thing… that’s what apples do to my teeth! The sound of someone eating them, or someone cutting them hurts my teeth sooo much that I can’t even be in the same room when it’s happening.
4. I started as a broadcast major in college, and then switched over to international business after a year. I quickly found out that I was a little too camera shy to work at a news station! I decided to keep my minor in mass communication with an emphasis in journalism, and later launched my website after college because of my love for fashion & writing.
5. I speak English & Spanish fluently! Both of my parents are Guatemalan, and my mom taught me Spanish when I was little. I always speak in both Spanish and English with my mom, but only English with my dad! He knows Spanish too, but for some reason it’s always felt natural to just speak in English with him.
6. I’m only 5 feet tall! So many people come up to me and tell me that I look so much taller in my photos! I guess that’s what great photography will do. 😉
7. I had always wanted to live in New York since I was little, and finally made it happen in 2015. I lived on the Upper East Side of Manhattan for two years, in a tiny little studio and absolutely loved every bit of it. I moved back to Texas last year to be closer to family, but hope to someday return to the city.
8. I love to travel and have visited 6 countries so far: Guatemala, Italy, France, England, Poland, & Iceland – I’m adding Mexico to the list this year! I’ve lived in both England and Iceland, and would love to experience more countries someday.
9. Nathan and I went to the same high school, and he was my first real boyfriend. (We even grew up in the same neighborhood in Amarillo, Texas, and were only a few blocks away!) We both went our separate ways after high school, dated other people, went to college, and re-connected after 9 years apart! We’ve been back together for a little over a year and a half this time, and are so happy to be in Austin together. 🙂 – He’s my lobster.
10. If I could eat one thing every day it would probably be Little Caesar’s crazy bread with extra cheese. I’m kind of obsessed.
photography by Paige Newton.
Leave something random about you in the comments below! I would love to learn a little more about you.